We are seeking an exceptional, creative, and enthusiastic individual to assist with a youth program that supports our commitment to enrich and enhance the lives of our children living at our campus. The Youth Services Assistant will be responsible for transporting children to and from activities/camps (some long distance driving may occur); facilitating groups; monitoring the Youth Center; redirecting negative behaviors; communicating effectively with parents; creatively working with the youth; and ensure the safety of all children while in the Youth Center and during activities and field trips. Hours for this position are up to 29 hours per week, generally Monday – Friday with the flexibility of working 1 to 2 Saturdays per month. Candidate must be flexible with regard to schedule to accommodate camp and activity hours. Length of position will be approximately 3 months, during summer months while youth are on summer break.
Requirements for the position include:
· College Degree with a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Child Care, Human Services or Education required
· Valid Florida driver’s license – must have a clean driving record.
· Prefer previous experience with recreational therapy, working with youth with issues from abuse, loss, education/employment, relationships, addictions, youth offending, mental health and other health needs.
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities.
· Passionate about the opportunity and challenge of working with youth.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.