We are seeking an exceptional, creative, and enthusiastic individual to assist with a youth program that supports our commitment to enrich and enhance the lives of our children living at our campus. The Youth Education Assistant will be responsible for assisting the youth with their educational needs. The candidate will provide feedback to youth using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, and build confidence; monitor youth educational performance and advocate for youth in school; encourage parental attendance at school meetings and model/coach parents in how to advocate for their child; assist parent in navigating the educational system so the parent will eventually begin to schedule school meetings; demonstrate a basic knowledge of lesson planning as it pertains to the student’s IEP or individual education plan; keep the environment organized to promote educational productivity and learning; schedule tutoring appointments with students; review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments; redirect negative behaviors; communicate effectively with parents and empower parents to attend school meetings; and ensure the safety of all children while in the Youth Center. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, and will include at least one Saturday per month.
Requirements for the position include:
· College Degree with a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Education required.
· Prefer previous experience with working with youth with issues from abuse, loss, education/employment, relationships, addictions, youth offending, mental health and other health needs.
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities.
· Passionate about the opportunity and challenge of working with youth.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.