The Reentry Program serves as a “second chance” for those transitioning back into society after being released from incarceration. The Lord’s Place offers several reentry programs that assist specific populations of returning citizens.
The programs provide evidence-based assessment and screening to identify targeted interventions for participants. These interventions are captured on a personalized transition plan, along with goals to bolster their prospects for success and reduce the chances of recidivism.
While in the program, participants have the opportunity to focus on their future and improve their lives through classes, meetings and volunteer opportunities. They can participate in The Lord’s Place’s comprehensive Employment Services program which provides job skills training, supervised transitional work experience opportunities, and assistance searching for and obtaining employment.
The Reentry Program is only available to individuals involved with the Palm Beach Justice System.
For more information, contact Vanessa Klein at VKlein@TheLordsPlace.org or 561-467-6874.
From July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- We provided post-release reentry services to 184 individuals.
- Our Sago Palm Post Release Reentry Program had a re-arrest rate of 11% for individuals served.
- Our Other State Prisons Post Release Reentry Program had a re-arrest rate of 10% for individuals served.
- Our Local Jail Post Release Program has a re-arrest rate of 12% for individuals served.
- Overall, 89% of Reentry clients avoid re-arrest for at least one year following their release.
- 1,200 is the number of inmates per year who return to Palm Beach County, FL
- $12,000 is the annual cost savings of providing reentry services vs. incarceration..