The Reentry Program serves as a “second chance” for those transitioning back into society after being released from incarceration. The Lord’s Place offers several reentry programs that assist specific populations of ex-offenders.
The programs provide evidence-based assessment and screening to identify targeted interventions for participants. These interventions are captured on a personalized transition plan, along with goals to bolster their prospects for success and reduce the chances of recidivism.
While in the program, participants have the opportunity to focus on their future and improve their lives through classes, meetings and volunteer opportunities. They can participate in The Lord’s Place’s comprehensive Employment Services program, which provides job skills training, supervised transitional work experience opportunities and assistance searching for and obtaining employment.
The Re-Entry Program at is only available to individuals involved with the Palm Beach Justice System.
From July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- Our Restore Program had a one-year re-arrest rate of 12% for individuals served (4 of 34 individuals).
- Our Prison/DOC Reentry Program had a one-year re-arrest rate of 21% for individuals served (17 of 82 individuals).
- Community-Based Jail Reentry Program serves individuals who have been released from the custody of the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office. This program had a one-year re-arrest rate of 10% for individuals (7 of 72 individuals).
- Overall, 65% of Reentry clients avoid re-arrest for at least one year following their release
- 1,200 is the number of inmates per year who return to Palm Beach County, FL
- $12,000 is the annual cost savings of providing reentry services vs. incarceration