In response to the growing and immense needs of our community, The Lord’s Place has partnered with local leaders, generous donors, and service providers to prevent individuals and families from entering into the homeless system. The Homeless Prevention Program assists those who have been hit the hardest during this pandemic including families and individuals experiencing housing instability to avert homelessness through financial and utility assistance, case management, benefits navigation, and housing relocation services.
The program provides critical, timely intervention to struggling households, enabling them to maintain their housing and stability. As clients regain their sense of security, The Lord’s Place provides them with comprehensive supportive services to strengthen their long-term personal and economic well-being.
These services include job training and placement, financial coaching and budgeting, life skills instruction, and more.
If you or someone you know is at imminent risk of homelessness and would like to apply for assistance, please click the link below, call or email us. To expedite qualifying requests, please have the following documents ready:
- ID and SSA card
- Current lease (for rental assistance)
- Most current past due utility bill (for utility assistance)
- Proof of Income (tax returns or series of pay stubs)
- Proof of COVID-19 hardship (unemployment letter, letter from an employer reporting reduced hours/ income due to COVID-19)
From July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
We provided prevention services to 41 individuals
- We provided emergency shelter to 142 individuals