Employment & Training
Café Joshua benefits low-income populations by providing comprehensive job training and employment services to at-risk job seekers that would otherwise remain unemployed and homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Through Café Joshua, low-income participants acquire vocational competencies and cognitive-behavioral techniques to prepare them for successful entry-level employment in Palm Beach County’s food service and administrative clerical positions. They learn communication, conflict resolution, and life skills.
They receive instruction in computer literacy, resume writing, and job interviewing. They benefit from numerous complementary supportive services, including life coaching, literacy tutoring, financial coaching, and unique, cutting-edge soft skills instruction. They are connected to meaningful job leads through employers that have been cultivated by Café Joshua’s job development component. And they are supported in their employment through one-on-one job coaching and job retention counseling.
Our Employment Services program offers comprehensive assistance designed to prepare participants for employment. They include transitional work experience, education, job coaching, and assistance in securing and maintaining employment. The program also includes our Social Enterprise business, Joshua Catering Company, which serves as real-life employment training opportunities for homeless program participants.
If you are currently in need of our services, please contact Jim Rhoads at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561.578.4840.
Looking for Employment? Not sure what you want to do? Click on the link below and explore the possibilities! No Hassel! No Ads! Just Jobs!
Email email@example.com or call 561.494.0125, x. #1111.
From July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
We provided Employment Services to 434 individuals
- 146 clients participated in the Job Ready program
- 31 individuals enrolled in our Social Enterprise transitional work experience programs
- 100% of individuals enrolled completed an individualized Employment Service Plan to establish their employment goals.
- 70% of participants demonstrated increased skills through performance-based assessments
- Job coaches conducted 1,851 job coaching sessions
- 86 of our Job Training and Employment participants received job offers