We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to provide leadership that involves managing and coordinating the day-to-day thrift store operations, including direct supervision of staff and volunteers, coordinating the activities and schedules of retail workers, responding to customer requests, concerns, suggestions and complaints. The work schedule is generally Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. General store hours are from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday.
Essential duties include:
· Ensures proper opening and closing procedures of store.
· Meets and maintains attendance standards.
· Follows company policies and procedures.
· Assigns duties to retail workers and volunteers.
· Maintains adequate staffing, and schedules work hours for all retail employees.
· Trains staff and volunteers in store policies, procedures, and job duties.
· Coordinates ordering of merchandise, supplies and equipment.
· Maintains correct inventory levels.
· Maintains cleanliness of store.
· Maintains a safe work environment.
· Instructs staff in safety measures, such as proper lifting and carrying techniques.
· Plans layout and display of merchandise.
· Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced, cleaned and displayed.
· Recommends additions to or deletions of merchandise to be sold in department.
· Sells merchandise.
· Listens to customer complaints and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations.
· Assists staff and volunteers in completing difficult sales.
· Ensures correct cash register use.
· Determines which items should be sold on consignment.
· Makes bank deposits, strictly following company policies and procedures.
· Regularly discusses any issues or concerns with Sr. Director of Social Enterprises as needed.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Degree in Business Management preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Five years retail management experience preferred.