The Lord’s Place, a social impact agency, which provides housing and services to those who are homeless in Palm Beach County, shares the tremendous concern about the spread and management of COVID-19, the novel coronavirus.
We are taking every precaution possible, recommended by healthcare experts, to ensure the safety, good health and well-being of our clients, our staff, and all of our many friends. We have evaluated our programs and procedures to ensure that they follow the CDC guidelines, and will continue to review them as the situation evolves.
We have enhanced our cleaning protocols throughout all our facilities, and evaluated all of our activities, modifying them, where necessary, to limit the number of attendees and modify the selected venues or program details, where necessary.
While our client programs will continue for now, our signature program, SleepOut, will become a ‘virtual’ event on Friday, April 3 at 7 p.m. with a program available for those participating at home. Join SleepIn for SleepOut by going to www.SleepOutTLP.org.
Our number one concern is the safety and health of all people who are homeless whom we serve, and those who serve them. We will continue to follow closely the recommendations of the CDC and the Palm Beach County Health Department, and go ‘above and beyond’ wherever possible, to ensure that we are doing everything within our power to help contain and control this virus in our community.
As of March 31, 2020:
- The Lord’s Place will have adjusted hours, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., at the main campus, 2808 North Australian Blvd.
- Joshua Café, our lunch program for clients, will remain open with grab-and-go hot meals, hand wash stations and outdoor seating to limit personal contact and spread of the virus. Joshua Catering is providing these meals, but has suspended service to the public.
- As of March 15, 2020, The Lord’s Place Joshua Thrift Stores will be closed until further notice. Donation pick-ups and drop-offs are also suspended.
- Engagement staff will continue their work serving our most vulnerable clients, remotely and while practicing distance.
- Program staff will continue the delivery of job training and reentry services, while limiting indoor capacity, meeting virtually and remotely.
- Job Training Classes at The Lord’s Place main office, 2808 N. Australian, have been canceled starting March 15, 2020 until further notice. All classes will be held in a virtual, individual or group manner for now.
- A deep clean of all facilities is taking place, including special cleaning measures for the 250 men, women and
- SleepOut, our signature event to raise funds and awareness, is being brought to participants’ homes. A “SleepIn for SleepOut” virtual program will be provided on Friday, April 3 at 7 p.m. by going to www.SleepOutTLP.org and the day will remain dedicated to those who are most vulnerable and living on the streets. For more information: www.SleepOutTLP.org.
- The Lord’s Place volunteer program has been suspended at all locations, as our friends are encouraged to practice their own safety measures. We are so appreciative that we have so many wonderful people in our world, but our priority will remain maintaining a healthy environment for all involved. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested for at-home activities or getting involved in the future.
- The Rally to End Homelessness and the SleepOut Golf Tournament have been canceled.
Now, more than ever, the clients of The Lord’s Place need the support of our community. For more information about The Lord’s Place and its life-changing programs and services, please go to www.TheLordsPlace.org or call 561-494-0125.