We are seeking a dynamic, experienced, Special Events Coordinator to join our Advancement team.
The Special Events Coordinator will play a crucial role in the agency by coordinating all aspects of the SleepOut fundraiser and other agency special events to ensure successful event outcomes.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
• Recruit teams from the community by networking with businesses, community and religious groups and schools.
• Work with the Director of Corporate Partnerships to recruit additional sponsors for the event.
• Help to create and execute recruitment events.
• Suggest social media topics, and photos to promote the event, including the promotion of teams and individuals who are involved in the event.
• Steward teams and donors before, during and after the event.
• Suggest and cultivate marketing opportunities and in-kind partnerships.
• Work alongside the entire Advancement team in all areas to ensure a successful event outcome.
• Maintain confidentiality of all information handled.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement and Communications according to business needs.
Requirements for the position include:
• Experience in coordinating special events required.
• High school or equivalent required.
• Minimum two-year degree preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Computer skill, including a working knowledge of Office 2007 or higher required.
• Requires ability to operate business equipment used daily within the organization.