The Senior Accountant will play a crucial role in the agency by assisting the Controller as directed with financial record keeping and reporting for The Lord’s Place to provide accurate and timely financial reporting, as well as general operations of accounting.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
· Assists with preparing monthly grant reimbursement invoices in compliance with grant requirements.
· Prepare journal entries.
· Prepare monthly reconciliations, including balances for all restricted grants.
· Prepare monthly program profit and loss (budget vs. actual) reports and interface with program teams to ensure an understanding of financial data for the purposes of managing budgets.
· Prepare monthly balance sheet support schedules.
· Provide back-up support to other finance staff for payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
· Review monthly expenses to ensure the source is appropriate.
· Under the direction of the Controller, confers with personnel affected by grant-funded programs to outline how funds are to be used, and explain statistical information necessary to comply with funding agreements.
Requirements for the position include:
· Bachelor degree in Accounting.
· Minimum of three years accounting experience is required.
· Fund accounting and progressive government grant billing experience or equivalent preferred.
· A passion for numbers and a willingness to proactively take ownership of the financial records and ensure data integrity.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Proficient computer skills including a working knowledge of Fund-EZ preferred and Office 2010 or higher required.