We are seeking one regular part-time and two temporary enthusiastic, self-motivated, customer-focused individuals to join our Thrift Store team! The ideal candidates will have strong retail sales experience. Resale experience is a plus. The candidates will provide excellent customer service to all internal and external thrift store customers. The hours for these positions are flexible and will be up to 29 hours per week. Days of operation are Monday through Saturday.
Essential duties include:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- The ability to receive and process donations to prepare items for the sales floor
- The ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge and experience using a Point of Sale system
- Stock shelves, counters and tables with merchandise.
- Assist with advertising displays and arrange merchandise on counters or tables attractively to promote sales.
- Stamp, mark or tag price on merchandise.
- Follow thrift store and company policies and procedures.
Requirements for the position include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, customer service and professional appearance required.
- Retail sales and customer service experience required.
- Requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, squatting, and standing for long periods.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.