We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual to provide leadership to the social services programs, staff and volunteers of our Mann Campus, where we provide housing and client advocacy for 51 single men.
Some essential job responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all ancillary services for clients in crisis and nearing exit from the long-term program as required. This includes coordinating life skill classes, tutoring and any other services deemed necessary to transition the residents out of homelessness.
- Ensure that client charts are complete and accurate for audit and discharge processes.
- Ensure that residents are following all facility rules and regulations to provide a safe atmosphere for all residents.
- Track all residents’ services for the purpose of measuring the success of the programs in accordance with program goals and objectives, grant compliance and government regulations.
- Make sure all areas are in accordance with health department regulations and that all inspections receive satisfactory marks.
- Oversee operation of the food pantry for food distribution to residents. This includes procurement, inventory, storage and rotation of stock.
- Procurement and inventory of all needed supplies for the facility’s residential units and administrative areas.
- Provide leadership for the client advocates, campus administrator, and behavioral health techs.
- Serve as a liaison with other programs within the agency and the community including attendance at monthly program meetings and select community meetings.
- Record and oversee client rent, personal accounts as well as oversee fiscal and HUD budgets for the Mann Campus.
- On call 24/7 for emergencies.
- Oversee all intake processes/procedures and client referrals, ensuring effective placement of clients.
- Coordinate the scheduling/placement of external and internal therapeutic staff.
- Coordinate all special events for the Mann Campus.
- Oversee facility maintenance including the upkeep of all living units, food pantry, therapeutic rooms and storage areas.
- Provide direct case management to the Mann Campus residents for the long-term clients and the short-term clients in the absence of the Reentry Client Advocate.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Housing according to business needs.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or mental health counseling required.
- Degree in social work or related field preferred.
- Previous shelter administration experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills, including a working knowledge of Office 97 or higher required.
- Requires ability to operate business equipment used daily within the organization.
- Requires ability to learn and use whatever documentation system appropriate to their program, including electronic databases to document case notes.
- Requires completion of certification training within the first 90 days of employment.