The Youth Center
The Youth Center is a welcoming place
The Youth Center, located on the grounds of The Lord’s Place Family Campus now known as the Jack & Evelyn Alexander Place, provides a stable environment for learning and enrichment to meet the needs and learning styles of all children (Kindergarten – 12th Grade). It mirrors a rich and rewarding learning atmosphere similar to school, including a display of student work as well as academic achievement awards.
- Children can develop and improve their social skills, as well as enhance good character traits. The Center employs the “Character Counts Program."
- Children have the opportunity to enrich their learning through reading and technology. This includes iReady and various other technology-based learning platforms provided by the school district. The Center also has a grade-level reading library that shares county standards, and students are held accountable through reading logs, as well as completing book reports.
- Children can expand and explore their interests through art, dance, music and sports. Workshops and sessions will occur several times a month based on the interests of the children, and provided by volunteers from Oxbridge Academy, as well as other outside volunteers.
- Children can take advantage of tutoring services provided by teachers and volunteers. These services take place twice a week from the school district, and every Thursday from Oxbridge Academy volunteers.
- Children can participate in various field trips throughout the school year that are both fun and educational.
- Children can also partake in a career night, where they will have the opportunity to meet individuals from a range of different fields. This night is informative as well as has students explore various career paths either through college or vocational schools.