We are seeking a knowledgeable and energetic individual to join our maintenance team. The candidate will provide general building maintenance services for our facilities. Candidates having experience with residential HVAC is a plus, and possess computer skills required for record-keeping requirements, such as inventory of tools, keys, and using maintenance software. The candidate must develop and maintain a courteous and effective working relationship with all employees at all levels of the organization, clients, vendors and other representatives of external organizations. The candidate must also follow agency rules and procedures, including all established agency safety guidelines in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Performs maintenance inspections of each facility as directed by supervisor and notifies supervisor of findings.
- Building maintenance of all agency buildings, performing minor and routine cleaning, painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, carpentry and other related maintenance activities. Ensures and maintains cleanliness of offices, floors, bathrooms and laundry facilities. Sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuums, waxes and buffs floors as assigned.
- Must develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with all employees at all levels of the organization, and clients, vendors or other representatives of external organizations.
- Must communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise and professional manner, and provide follow-up when necessary.
- Follows company rules and procedures, including all established agency safety guidelines, and in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Miscellaneous duties include but are not limited to assisting staff with donations, distributions of food to clients.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Property Management or according to business needs.
Requirements for the position include:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 3 years building and grounds maintenance experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills for record-keeping requirements and for maintenance software.
- Valid Florida State drivers’ license with clean driving record is required.
- Must pass a DCF Level II background screening.