The maintenance assistant is responsible for assisting with the general building and grounds maintenance of all of The Lord’s Place locations. Hours are 8:30am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday but may vary to meet special assignment requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance inspections of each facility as directed by supervisor and notifies supervisor of findings.
- Building maintenance of all agency buildings, performing minor and routine cleaning, painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, carpentry and other related maintenance activities. Ensures and maintains cleanliness of offices, floors, bathrooms and laundry facilities. Sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuums, waxes and buffs floors as assigned.
- Grounds maintenance to include removal of litter and debris. Lawn and shrub maintenance, including sprinklers. Maintenance of lawn equipment.
- Must develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with all employees at all levels of the organization, and clients, vendors or other representatives of external organizations.
- Must communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise and professional manner, and provide follow-up when necessary.
- Follows company rules and procedures, including all established agency safety guidelines, and in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Miscellaneous duties include but are not limited to assisting staff with donations, distributions of food to clients.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Property Management or according to business needs.
Standards for Measuring Performance
- Job skills & knowledge – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of job duties and appropriate work methods.
- Responsibility – performs responsibilities as specified above.
- Customer Service – provides a high degree of service to internal and external customers.
- Problem-solving – utilizes job knowledge and sound reasoning to analyze situation, resolve problems, and reach decisions.
Standards for Measuring Performance (cont’d)
- Initiative – willing to assume new and challenging assignments.
- Leadership qualities – motivates employees to achieve departmental and agency goals and objectives.
- Organization – adheres to priorities and deadlines; completes work within scheduled time frames.
- Attendance – demonstrates dependability and reliability and uses leave appropriately.
- Interaction with others – interacts and cooperates with others to ensure the agency’s objectives and goals are met.
- Interaction with supervisor – accepts supervision with a positive and appropriate attitude and communicates effectively with supervisor.
- Continued quality improvement – demonstrates the desire to improve the mission of the agency.
- Safety and health – participates in training and actively promotes safety among all co-workers.
Minimal Education, Certification, Training, Critical Skills and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.
Special Requirements and Physical Demands
- Requires safely lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, squatting.
- Maintain a valid Florida State drivers’ license with a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable Company insurance.