The Light Maintenance Worker will perform general repairs and minor maintenance duties in maintaining the buildings in a clean, orderly and functional condition. The position will provide assistance to staff, visitors, and others as necessary. Hours are 28 hours per week; 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
· Clean floors and surfaces using prescribed cleaning methods and procedures.
· Mix appropriate proportions of cleaning and disinfecting materials following safety protocols.
· Dust, mop, and sweep offices and common spaces.
· Clean and disinfect areas as per scope of work.
· Empty trash receptacles.
· Inform supervisor if any supplies are needed or any cleaning equipment that may need of repair or replacement.
· Inform supervisor of any building or facility hazards.
· Maintain a clean and organized storage area for cleaning equipment and supplies.
· Maintain a courteous working relationship with building staff, clients and volunteers.
· Painting touch up of all common areas may be required. Responsible to inspect areas that need paint and advise supervisor.
· Complete daily work orders as scheduled.
· Maintain assigned equipment in good working condition.
· Properly perform casual labor such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
· Perform minor building repairs including plumbing requests, replacing light bulbs, and cleaning air filters.
· Secure building and offices as appropriate.
· Set alarm if applicable and secure main entry door.
· Other duties as needed based on scope of work.
Requirements for the position include:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 1 – 3 years’ experience in building/office cleaning and maintenance work.
· Ability to take directions well and an eye for detail.
· Able to adjust priorities and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
· Willing to tackle unfamiliar tasks and problem-solve.
· Self-driven and detail-oriented with assertive follow-up.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to acquire job skills within 3 months of on-the-job training.
· Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.