We are seeking a knowledgeable and energetic individual to join our Operations team as a Light Maintenance Assistant to clean, and perform other general custodial duties to ensure the cleanliness of the administrative building.
- Clean floors and surfaces using prescribed cleaning methods and procedures.
- Mix appropriate proportions of cleaning and disinfecting materials following safety protocols.
- Dust, mop, and sweep offices and common spaces.
- Clean and disinfect areas as per scope of work.
- Empty trash receptacles.
- Inform supervisor if any supplies are needed or any cleaning equipment that may need of repair or replacement.
- Inform supervisor of any building or facility hazards.
- Maintain a clean and organized storage area for cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Maintain a courteous working relationship with building staff, clients and volunteers.
- Responsible to inspect areas that need maintenance and advise supervisor.
- Complete daily work orders as scheduled.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Properly perform casual labor such as lifting/moving items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
- Perform minor building repairs including plumbing requests, replacing light bulbs, and cleaning air filters.
- Secure building and offices as appropriate.
- Set alarm if applicable and secure main entry door.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Requirements for the position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in building/office cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to take directions well and an eye for detail.
- Able to adjust priorities and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to tackle unfamiliar tasks and problem-solve.
- Self-driven and detail-oriented with assertive follow-up.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to acquire job skills within 3 months of on-the-job training.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Payroll/Accounts Receivable Assistant – F/T
We are seeking a Payroll and Accounts Receivable Assistant to join our Finance team. The Payroll/Accounts Receivable Assistant will assist with financial record keeping and...
Maintenance Assistant – F/T
We are seeking a knowledgeable and energetic individual to join our maintenance team. The candidate will provide general building maintenance services for our facilities. Candidates...
Director of Philanthropy – F/T
We are seeking a knowledgeable, enthusiastic individual to join our Advancement team as a Director of Philanthropy. The candidate will work alongside and maintain a...