The Executive Chef will play a crucial role in Joshua Catering by operating an executing the daily kitchen operations at the Duncan Event Center. The candidate will be responsible for overall kitchen operation, menu planning and execution, and the appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud. The candidate will support the mission, values and vision of The Lord’s Place, respecting client rights and ensuring an atmosphere which allows for the dignity and well-being of clients in a safe and secure environment.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Oversee all food preparation, menu planning and recipe development, ensuring that excellence, quality and temperature of food is always preserved.
- Oversee expediting of all events, works with delivery and event staff to ensure complete and proper delivery is achieved.
- Work closely with the Director of Food Service in the purchasing of foods and the scheduling of Duncan Event Center staff.
- Supervise Duncan Event Staff.
- Receive incoming orders from vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining all food storage areas at the Duncan Event Center.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Ability to receive guidance and supervision, follow work rules and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow directions from supervisor and follow established safety/security practices.
- Maintain flexibility to changing tasks or requests.
Requirements for the position include:
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or work experience equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in preparing and managing food service and operation required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills.
- Ability to follow all written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Requires standing for long periods of time.
- Requires safely lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs (handcart may be used), as well as reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- Maintains skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the kitchen equipment and machines used in the performance of this job, such as oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives.