We are seeking a full-time Diversion Client Advocate to join our Community Engagement team. Under the direction of the Director of Homeless Outreach, this position provides case management services directly to individuals and families experiencing homelessness. The Diversion Client Advocate utilizes their experience in case management to provide short-term interventions to eligible participants with a goal of diverting those participants from shelters. The Diversion Client Advocate is responsible for assisting participants with assessment, problem-solving, mediation, housing placements, and follow up case management.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Provides case management to individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
- Accompanies homeless outreach team in the community to enroll, assess and assist participants.
- Develops effective working relationships with agencies, organizations, and community members to respond and advocate for individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
- Conducts assessments and advocates to place clients into stable housing, with a particular emphasis on identifying creative housing solutions beyond shelter and the Coordinated Entry system.
- Informs, supports, and empowers individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
- Communicates effectively with participants, family members, community organizations and the team as a whole.
- Completes all eligibility assessments, intake processes, service planning, case management documentation, and evaluation activities (including randomization of participants as part of external evaluations) as assigned.
- Assists with agency participation in evaluation activities, including training, professional development, data entry, and quality assurance.
- Attends and participates in special events, conferences, and workshops and trainings within the community.
- Focuses on and is sensitive to client satisfaction with the services received and general satisfaction with services provided.
- Conducts homeless in-reach and/or outreach as required to generate referrals and support the community engagement program.
- Attends and participates in supervision and multidisciplinary meetings.
- Provides transportation in company vehicle throughout Palm Beach County.
- Documents all activities as required.
Requirements for the position include:
- Requires High School diploma, or GED. Bachelor’s degree in a social service field or previous experience in case management is preferred.
- Familiarity with local social service agencies, community resources, and support services preferred.
- Requires excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Previous experience with homeless diversion, mediation or conflict resolution is preferred but not required.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Must complete online Research Ethics training within the first week of employment.
- Requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, internet software and a web-based database.
- The ability to conduct numerous and frequent client interviews both in an office and community setting.
Special Requirements and Physical Demands:
- Maintain a valid Florida State drivers’ license with a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable Company insurance.
- Requires ability to operate business equipment used daily within the organization.
- May require lifting up to 15 lbs.