The Dishwasher will play a crucial role in Joshua Catering by being responsible for the daily washing, drying and storage of tableware, cookware, silverware, glassware and kitchen equipment according to accepted Board of Health requirements. The hours are up to 29 hours per week, as early as 6 a.m. and as late 10 p.m. Shifts within this time period are possible.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
· Wash, rinse, and sanitize dishes, silverware, glasses (twice), cookware and drip dry all before storing.
· Dry flatware, polish silverware and sort and place in assigned containers.
· Empty dishwasher and trap tray, leave door open at closing time.
· Monitor and replace all detergent/sanitizing containers as needed. Occasionally use test kit to determine correct amount of sanitizer being used.
· Clean and polish all equipment daily, including stainless steel.
· Maintain list of all cleaning items needed to insure cleanliness of entire premises.
· Show sensitivity and compassion at all times towards The Lord’s Place target population.
· Maintain guest confidentiality and privacy rights and privileges and ensure that staff complies with this standard.
· Serve as a role model for guests in attitude, attire, professionalism and responsible behavior.
· Assure the safety and security of guests, self and staff at all times and abides by safety practices.
Requirements for the position include:
· Experience as a dishwasher in the food service industry preferred.
· Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, lift up to 20 lbs. and work with cleaning chemicals and kitchen equipment.
· Reliable transportation required.