Due to the growth of the agency, we are expanding our Operations Department and are seeking a Director of Facilities to join our team. As the Director of Facilities, you will provide strategic leadership, coordination and administrative oversight of the development and management of The Lord’s Place physical resources. This position is responsible for construction, capital & operating & maintenance (O&M) budgets.
We are seeking a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management or equivalent work experience. The ideal candidate will have experience with developing and managing capital and O&M budgets, overseeing construction and renovation projects, facilities and maintenance trades (plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.), 5 – 10 years of managing facilities, knowledge of business codes, and a sound understanding of commercial electrical layout. The candidate must also possess a firm understanding of all local fire and disaster protocols and OSHA regulations, training and compliance, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities for this role include:
· Direct and coordinate the capital project schedule and all construction-related activities including all new building construction and renovation projects.
· Develop short and long-range facility priorities, including a 5-year master plan, deferred maintenance plan, and a critical repair plan.
· Develop annual facility budgets including obtaining cost estimates.
· Maintain facility and property portfolio including the organization and management of contractual and compliance inspections, i.e. pest control, fire inspections, etc.
· Build and maintain asset register including all owned and leased properties and vehicles.
· Conduct property technical risk assessments and annual audits.
· Manage the design and construction proposals of all capital project activities, including planning, design, bidding process, awards, construction administration, quality inspections and closeout.
· Work with Director of Maintenance and Operations Coordinator to achieve greater efficiencies in all facilities.
· Oversee the coordination of all building space allocation and layout, communications services and facility expansion.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer according to business needs.