We are seeking a Controller to join our Finance team. The Controller will play a crucial role in the agency by providing oversight in the financial record keeping and reporting for The Lord’s Place Finance Department. The candidate will report to the Chief Financial Officer and provide accurate and timely financials for the Board of Directors, Finance Committee and Program teams.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Assist the CFO with strategic budgetary oversight.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Oversee monthly grant reimbursement invoices.
- Prepare monthly bank and account reconciliations.
- Review and approve weekly accounts payable invoice reports and daily cash receipt posting reports.
- Review and approve major vendor accounts payable reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly program profit & loss reports and interface with program teams to ensure an understanding of financial data for the purposes of managing budgets.
- Prepare monthly grant profit & loss (budget vs. actual) reports.
- Supervise staff pertaining to accounting and finance duties.
- Develop and coordinate schedules for independent audit and tax return preparation.
- Prepare/analyze monthly financials for all grant contracts.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a non-profit environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory finance/accounting position.
- Proficient computer skills with advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial and payroll software, Fund EZ accounting software experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of government grants strongly preferred.
- A passion for numbers and a willingness to proactively take ownership of the financial records and ensure data integrity.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.