We are seeking a Client Tutor to join our Employment Services Team. This is a full-time position that provides Adult Basic Education (ABE)/GED and basic educational and employment readiness support to all clients of The Lord’s Place who are in need of tutoring services in preparation for employment and/or continuing education. The candidate will perform a variety of teaching and training functions. This position reports to the Director of Training and Education. Generally, the hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, but they may vary based on client needs.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Will collaborate with employment specialists and other Lords’ Place Staff in preparing clients for reading/math tutoring as it relates to ABE and GED.
- Help to prepare tutoring schedule following the administering of the TABE
- Must complete a TABE training.
- Be visible and engaging with class participants.
- Create a weekly schedule to be reviewed by Director of Education.
- Assist in providing interactive instruction to all program participants to ensure they receive the best education possible.
- Collaborate with Classroom Instructor to develop grade level appropriate instruction.
- Assist with delivering targeted personalized services to promote job retention.
- Assist with ensuring curriculum goals and objectives are met following a TABE diagnostic test.
- Assist with daily preparation to ensure success of tutoring lessons.
- Enter notes on activities and outcomes in agency client database.
- Assist in facilitating and developing workshops and other trainings for small groups on topics related to engaging clients in education and employment readiness.
- Willingness to complete additional professional development opportunities and trainings in order to facilitate high quality instruction and workshops.
- Identify strategies to creatively engage participants in educational and employment services.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Education and Training.
Requirements for the position include:
- Requires a Bachelor degree in education or a related field.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires proficient computer skills.
- Ability to learn the use of use technology in the classroom (computers, projector, etc.)
- Requires ability to operate business equipment used daily within the organization.
- May require lifting up to 15 lbs.