We are seeking a knowledgeable, enthusiastic individual to provide comprehensive case management for individuals experiencing homelessness with high mental health needs. This individual will perform a variety of case management functions to include but is not limited to the following: individual assessment and service planning; SOAR applications; linking to needed services; service implementation and coordination with timely and thorough documentation; monitoring service delivery; client advocacy; street-level outreach and engagement.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a major in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Special Education, Health Education, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes study of human behavior and development), and have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent experience working with adults experiencing serious mental illness.
- Experience in working with traumatized clients dealing with a range of issues such as abuse, mental health issues, etc., with thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and contemporary knowledge of new developments or changes in the field.
- Possess knowledge of available resources in the service area for adults with serious mental illness.
- Knowledgeable of and comply with state and federal statutes, rules, and policies that effect the target population.
- Requires completion of SOAR and SPDAT training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Proven competence in using technology tools and performance assessment tools, as well as established success in supporting organization change and growth.
- Excellent communication, documentation and computer skills.