The Catering Assistant will play a crucial role in Joshua Catering by assisting with general cooking duties within all areas of the kitchen, as well as assisting a Catering staff in the production of consistent, high-quality catering and presentation. Hours are as early as 5:00 a.m. and as late as 11:00 p.m. and up to 29 hours per week. Shifts within this time period are possible.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Ensures that all site policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Carries out preparation and cooking duties as directed by the Executive Chef in catering food preparation, ensuring that excellence, quality and temperature of food are always preserved. Food preparation may require standing for long periods of time.
- Preparation and cooking of food for catering.
- Ensures high standards of food quality and presentation are consistently maintained.
- Ensures that correct methods of food storage, preparation and cooking are used.
- Checking and recording temperatures of food and food storage equipment ensuring all appropriate paperwork is documented.
- Ensures high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are constantly adhered to and maintained.
- Washes crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Cleans floors, tables and walls within the kitchen area.
- Stores deliveries received from suppliers. Ability to lift or pull up to 50 pounds when necessary (handcart may be used).
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Maintain flexibility to changing tasks or requests.
Requirements for the position include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in preparing and managing food service and operation required.
- Moderate reading and writing skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
- Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills.
- Ability to follow all written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Maintain a valid Florida State Class E drivers’ license and a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable Company insurance.
- Requires standing for long periods of time.
- Requires safely lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs (handcart may be used), as well as reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- Maintains skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the kitchen equipment and machines used in the performance of this job, such as oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives.