We are seeking a full-time Advancement Associate to join our Advancement Team. This position will support all fundraising efforts of The Lord’s Place and will work directly with the Chief Advancement Officer. The hours are Monday through Friday generally between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., not to exceed 40 hours per week. Hours will vary during special events.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Chief Advancement Officer to learn the robust fundraising program of The Lord’s Place while building personal fundraising skills and techniques.
- Help to maintain and improve the fundraising and logistics of the agency’s three core events, including kickoffs and donor appreciation events.
- Assist the Advancement team in fund development, including stewardship, donor engagement, campaigns, annual giving, grants and sponsorship.
- Maintain and steward personal portfolio of donors with gifts ranging up to $5,000.
- Attend networking events including chambers and Association of Fundraising Professionals to recruit and cultivate new donors, friends, sponsors and ideas.
- Research fundraising opportunities and best practices to report back to the team, as well as prospect and research creative ways to engage new partners.
- Write general, campaign and appeal letters, as well as execute the weekly acknowledgment process.
- Assist with contracting with vendors, coordinating logistics, and providing on-site support for all events.
- In coordination with supervisor, manage budgets for events, track event donations, and request payments. Ensure event stays on budget, monitoring financial commitments to ensure expenses and revenues are on target.
- Provide creativity, initiative, energy, and imagination in helping to create and execute comprehensive advancement event goals.
- Support an ongoing stewardship program, of both personal portfolio and beyond.
- Build relationships with local schools, places of worship and companies to create awareness within the organization.
- Maintain accurate reporting in Raiser’s Edge, as well as event spreadsheets for ticket sales, table assignments, sponsorships, and benefits.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer according to business needs.
Requirements for the position include:
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of three years of advancement and leadership experience with progressive responsibility in fundraising or non-profit management.
- Track record of personally soliciting and closing gifts of at least four figures.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Strategic and analytical thinking required.
- Passionate about the opportunity and challenge of fundraising and social causes.
- Comprehend the impact of social media and marketing on Advancement.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with diverse audiences.
- Ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- Proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have a passion for working with men, women and children experiencing homelessness in our community.