The Accounts Payable Specialist will play a crucial role in the agency by assisting the Controller as directed in the general operations of accounting. The candidate must have a passion for working with numbers and have strong attention to detail.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
· Prepare and sort documents and identify and interpret accounting data and enter data from source documents into accounting software.
· Compile, sort and verify data to be entered into accounting software. Compare data entered with source documents using care to detect errors. Resolve questions regarding inconsistencies or missing data and makes necessary corrections to information entered.
· Process accounts payable invoices daily, ensuring that the coding is appropriate.
· Prepare annual 1099’s for filing.
· Assist the finance staff with routine accounting functions including but not limited to processing accounts payables and receivables, copying, filing, and sorting of financial documents.
· Prepare weekly payroll for apprentice programs.
· Prepare transactions for accounts receivable as well as follow-up correspondence for outstanding accounts receivable.
· Provide back-up support to other finance staff as needed.
Requirements for the position include:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Two-year degree preferred.
· Minimum of three years accounts payable experience required. Payroll experience preferred.
· A passion for numbers and a willingness to proactively take ownership of the financial records and ensure data integrity.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Fund-EZ preferred and Office 2010 or higher required.