We are seeking a seasoned, self-motivated and passionate individual to train students from a wide variety of backgrounds in retail store operations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge in the display of merchandise, brand identification, pricing, POS system, as well as soft skills such as providing excellent customer service. The candidate should be able to adjust his/her communication style to best meet the needs of the students. This is a part-time position and up to 29 hours per week.
Essential duties include:
– The ability to train apprentices (students) in retail operations, policies, procedures, and safety.
– Ensure training will prepare students for future careers.
– Conduct new student orientation.
– Provide ongoing evaluation of student training to ensure the student has the best training; identify training needs; and participate in developing training curriculum.
– Knowledge and experience using a Point of Sale system.
– Display merchandise attractively to promote sales.
– Proper opening and closing procedures.
– Enter daily sales reports.
– Prepare items for the sales floor.
– Identify brands and price accordingly.
– Follow store and agency policies and procedures.
Requirements for the position include:
– High school diploma or GED required.
– Strong retail experience is required.
– Experience in retail training and familiarity with modern training methods is a plus. Creativity in training is also a plus.
– Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, customer service skills and a professional appearance required.
– Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and database software required.
– Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
– Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
– Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.