We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual with excellent driving skills to join our Food Service team. The Food Service Driver will transport meals for catering events and food service contracts to pre-approved destinations. The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record. He/she must be a self-starter and pay close attention to detail when making deliveries. The hours are up to 29 hours scheduled between Monday through Sunday, between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. The candidate should especially have compassion for those experiencing homelessness.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Operate agency vehicles from a central loading area to approved destinations according to a pre-planned schedule.
- Adhere to all Delivery Driver Procedures.
- Ensure catering or food service order is complete prior to leaving the building.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of orders.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers.
- Notify catering and food service supervisors immediately if orders are incomplete upon delivery.
- Ensure that all passengers are wearing their seatbelts.
- Notify Food Service Lead Driver when routine and preventative vehicle maintenance including tires, oil changes, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, fuel, water and safety equipment are needed. Keep maintenance log and contacts the Food Service Lead Driver regarding any additional repairs or maintenance issues or emergency repairs.
- Prepare daily mileage log and maintain accurate records.
- Comply with traffic regulations and adhere to agency safety policy.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Food Service Lead Driver according to business needs.
Requirements for the position include:
- Maintain a valid Florida State Driver’s license Class E and a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable Company insurance.
- May require sitting for extended periods, squatting, bending and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Requires driving to pre-approved destinations within Palm Beach County.