The Lord’s Place is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, creative individual with excellent culinary skills to join our team. The Culinary Team Leader will assist with overseeing the day-to-day operations of Café Joshua and our food service operations, along with providing supervision and instruction to culinary apprentices and other food service staff. The successful candidate must have broad experience in the culinary field, with an average of five years of experience, including supervisory experience. Compassion for those experiencing homelessness is critical for this position. This is a seven-day per week operation and requires weekend work.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
· Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
· Instruct apprentices on proper rotation of cold food and staples; how to maintain an orderly pantry and food storage area; how to maintain a clean kitchen, equipment and workstation; knife skills; and the various kitchen stations.
· Ability to receive guidance and supervision, follow work rules and meet deadlines.
· Ability to understand and follow directions from supervisor and follow established safety/security practices.
· Maintain flexibility to changing tasks or requests.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Food Service according to business needs.
Requirements for the position include:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· ServSafe Certified
· Ability to demonstrate and provide instruction of culinary skills to apprentices.
· Supervisory experience in the culinary industry preferred.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills.
· Ability to follow all written and oral instructions and procedures.
· Prolonged standing.
· Safely lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. (handcart may be used), as well as reaching, bending, and kneeling.
· Safely and efficiently, operate the kitchen equipment and machines used in the performance of this job, such as oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives.
· A valid Florida State Class E drivers’ license and a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable Company insurance in order to operate company vehicles.