The Lord’s Place is seeking an experienced, creative individual with excellent culinary skills to join our team. The Culinary Instructor will provide classroom-based culinary arts education to culinary apprentices and other food service staff. The successful candidate must have broad experience in the culinary field, have a passion for sharing their expertise with others, and especially have compassion for those experiencing homelessness. The candidate will provide training one day per week.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
· Culinary training on food preparation, pre and post-food preparation, restocking, dishwashing, bussing tables, sanitation, clean up and safety.
· Provide classroom culinary instruction to apprentices.
· Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards, and observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
· Instruct apprentices on proper rotation of cold food and staples; how to maintain an orderly pantry and food storage area; how to maintain a clean kitchen, equipment and workstation; knife skills; and the various kitchen stations.
· Create opportunities for external learning (field trips) for apprentices.
· Possess the ability to receive guidance and supervision, follow work rules, meet deadlines, and follow established safety/security practices.
· Participate in all required staff meetings, client meetings, training and development.
· Maintain accurate documentation of client objectives and goals, collect appropriate client training data, and maintain case notes.
Requirements for the position include:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· ServSafe Certified
· Ability to demonstrate and provide instruction of culinary skills to apprentices.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills.
· Prolonged standing.
· Safely lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. (handcart may be used), as well as reaching, bending, and kneeling.
· Safely and efficiently, operate the kitchen equipment and machines used in the performance of this job, such as oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives.
· A valid Florida State Class E drivers’ license and a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable Company insurance in order to operate company vehicles.